Hardware reference design
The Egg-Bot project is an open-source hardware+software project.
- Egg-Bot code is hosted at our Google Code Project, EggBotCode.
- The EiBotBoard is documented at www.schmalzhaus.com.
For the rest, you can download the Egg-bot hardware reference design here (170 kB .zip archive).
The reference design includes the following files:
- Bill of materials, CSV format
- 1/4" plywood pen-arm parts, Inkscape SVG
- 1/4" Poplar pen-arm part, Inkscape SVG
- 0.020" delrin part, Inkscape SVG
- 0.010" acetal copolymer, Inkscape SVG
- Eggbot chassis "acrylic" reference design, Inkscape SVG
- Eggbot chassis original design, gEDA/PCB
The wood and plastic parts can be cut by standard laser-cutting processes, or other machine tools at your discretion. The Egg-Bot production chassis is made from fiberglass in a PCB process; a reference version is also provided in case you would like to make one from laser-cut acrylic (or other materials) instead.