Ostrich Eggbot Kit
From Evil Mad Scientist Wiki
- The Ostrich Eggbot is a version of The Original Egg-Bot Kit with an extra-large chassis; there are very few differences other than size. The Ostrich Eggbot kit is available as a stand-alone kit, or as an upgrade chassis for The Original Egg-Bot Kit.
Main details about the Ostrich Eggbot kit:
- Announcement article at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- Product page at evilmadscience.com (stand-alone version)
- Product page at evilmadscience.com (upgrade kit version)
Getting started with your Ostrich Eggbot: Essential documentation
- Part I: Assembly guide. Two versions are available:
- Part II: Installing software (These instructions shared with The Original Egg-Bot Kit.)
- Part III: Making your first plot (These instructions shared with The Original Egg-Bot Kit.)
Much, much more on the Eggbot page:
- The vast majority of the instructions and usage tips on the Eggbot page are equally applicable to the Ostrich version. Once you've finished the "essential" steps above, Please move onto that page for tutorial links and a wealth of advanced tips for working with your (giant) Eggbot.
Hardware Reference Design
- The Ostrich Eggbot is an open source hardware+software project. Design files are available here.
Places for questions, answers, and sharing experiences:
- Eggbot-user Mailing list (Please sign up!)
- Eggbot Forum at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- Eggbot Flickr Group where you can share photos of your Eggbot and your Egg-Plots
- Eggbot @ Thingiverse where you can share Eggbot-ready SVG art-- or programs that generate art